Afterthemath

Some things you shouldn’t think through. Some swings you shouldn’t follow through.

All alone yesterday; nothing but my thoughts for company… nothing but what’s in my head to talk to.

             If a + b = c, then c - a = b

Shouldn’t have done that…

Ate me up like a tumor. Slithered up my spine. Sat in my heart. Pushed me to the fridge, pulled open the door.

Try to be pleasant on the phone. Try to be pleasant to the neighbor kid. Try to be pleasant to the telemarketer.

     Pace around the house, look out the windows.

          try to write, try to write, try to write, try to write,
          try to write, try to write, try to write, try to write,
          try to write, try to write, try to write, try to write…


Get out. Get in the car.
Put in the key.
Gear, mirror, steer.

     Drive to another refrigerator. Pull open another door.
     ...what’s one more?

Go in. Get out of the car.
Take out the key.
Door, Drapes, Lights…

Downy sins of streetlight fancies
Chase the costumes she shall wear
Ermine furs adorn imperious
Severin, Severin awaits you there…