Heimdallr

I don't remember sleeping last night. I mean, I must have at some point or another, but I can't seem to figure out when it was. Somewhere between going to bed at 1:30 and getting up just before seven, there had to be a moment of peace, but I can't seem to find it.

     Was I simply dreaming that I was awake?

I sit here in this silent morning, remembering only the glow of red numbers and the sounds of breathing beside me. How many hours did I just lie there, my mind afire, wanting to just find a light, forget the hour, and touch your skin?

When I finally did stir, the house felt cold. I found myself wondering at shadows, looking again for telling traces, differences in the pictures. Everything seems covered in dust, everything somehow out of place.

        ...I must have slept at some point.
        I just can't remember when.



[Listening to: Jay-Z, "99 Problems"

Comments