Bangkok, Oriental City

Chess moves become interesting when the board lies on its side. These quick steps with toes underfoot -- teasing the water with red, looking for the spaces in-between. The music in concert with the places held closest to the heart, sometimes together, sometimes not. It's like bedcovers pulled to hide from the chill, or toes exposed in the spaces between rooms.

If we're both wide awake at the same hour, then why can't we see each other anymore?

             I plan on Fainting Thursday Night.

Not because of where November will find you without me
But because of how much I love the sound.

             If I could, I would take you there with me
             So that we could love it together,
             Even if it was just for one night.


[Listening to: Dylan, "The Man in Me"]

Comments