Molly

Labor Day weekend, family in town. Brothers, cousins, wives, girlfriends, kids, dogs... the works. It's always a good thing when we get together, but it's always a busy time as well - filled with piggyback rides, car seats, and lots of people standing around saying things like "ok, lets figure out lunch."

Eventually we did, eventually we ate, and the combination of food and family and fun eventually took its toll, winding up with me falling asleep on a couch while kids played and everyone else chilled out to re-runs of Law and Order.

If you ever wanted to know what my dad is like, this is pretty much all you need to know -- apparently at one point during the nap my son came over to try and wake me up, only to have my father pull him aside and say,
"Don't bother your dad right now -- he's working."
[Listening to: Imani Coppola, "Woke Up Hwite"]

Comments