Sekhmet's Descent

They're creatures of grace and agility, born with the ability to climb and balance in even the tightest of spaces. Aincent cultures worshipped them for their regal nature and independent spirit. People tell you that no matter how lost they get they can always find their way back home. Those same people will also tell you that when a feline falls, they'll always land on their feet.
Someone forgot to let my cat in on the secret.
The other day I hear this horrible crashing sound coming from the bathroom. So I go in there to see what the deal is,
and I find Aja scrabbling to get out of the toilet bowl.
Best I can figure, she jumped up on the window sill, took a bad step, and ended up in the drink.

I felt horrible for her, but at the same time there's just no way to not laugh at something like that. Then again, it's not like I'm the king of grace or anything myself over here. I'm still the guy who fell asleep in front of his boss his first week on the job. I'm still the dude who fell out of his own bed once while trying to impress a date.
So yeah.. my cat's a spaz.
Kinda runs in the family, knaamsayin?
[Listening to: Josie Cotton, "Johnny Are You Queer?"]

Comments