Master of the House

Last night was another Wednesday night happy hour (or two) at Twisted. Good times, grape bombs, and continued awkwardness with the only place in town I know of that uses bathroom attendants. I mean, I appreciate the intentions behind the guy being in there, this idea somehow that his presence makes the place more upscale or whatever -- but do we really need this? If I'm being made to pay eight to twelve bucks for a drink then I already kinda know the place is upscale. Having to sidestep around some dude in the crapper seems like an extra step in my book.

Plus, I don't care how much tradition there is behind it -- turning on the sink for half drunk guys is not a growth industry. It's a demeaning job, and sort of a waste of time. I feel like I could get things done faster and frankly more efficiently if he weren't there. Plus, what happens when that guy has to take a whiz -- does someone else have to sub in for him and hand him a towel, or is he the only one at the club who doesn't get any help?
How must that feel?
[Listening to: Alexisonfire, "Control"]

Comments