Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich...

Have you ever poured a hot cup of coffee

     creme, sugar, twirl the spoon three times

...and then sat down on your porch for just a moment to look into the sky? Have you ever been there, your mind 9 months with thought, eyes far away?

Grey clouds like smoke hanging low in the sky - threatening, but holding the pose. The air looks, feels, smells... heavy, like it might actually fall down on top of everything. Like the the whole world was at dusk; long shadows and this overwhelming uge to take everything at an "end of the day" sort of pace.

I go to take a sip, only to find the coffee cold and undrinkable.

I have no idea how long I was sitting out there, nor do I have any recollection of what I was thinking about...

It's like my soul took a rest stop. Just sort of floated away for a while... leaving me there, hunched over a cup of coffee with nether the desire nor instinct to raise the mug to my lips.

      It's five in the afternoon, and I can't really tell you what I've done today at all.