Mirrorball

What if everything you did or said was just a reaction, an instinct, or a reflection of the things that happened to you? What if every moment was nothing more than just a domino tumble to the one that preceded it?

     No way to remember, no way to forget...

Every song would be different. Every smile would be real...

A world without hesitation (or ...consideration?) A place that couldn't know fear, but a place too where crossing the street, swimming, or handling snakes might suddenly become that much more treacherous.

For every moment that I dipped my toe instead of diving under, there seems a place where looking both ways kept me from stepping into oncoming traffic. For every stranger that I remembered not to talk to, there was always another one that I wish that I had said something to.

You could never be addicted... but you wouldn't be able to stop yourself.

     Could we hate?
     Could we ...love?

Or would it be nothing more than lusts simply pointed one way or the other?

Part of me wants to find the answer, look at it from all sides, and see what makes these questions rise within me in the first place.

    ... and part of me just wants to find out.