Leslie Zevo

There's got to be a way.

I keep thinking to myself that there is probably music out there that would help me to be a more productive member of society. I need to find an old Kraftwerk disc or something, some John Cage album that's made up of nothing but workmen banging on lead pipes. I need music that sounds like working.

Somewhere out there is a recording of typing in 4/4 time.
Somewhere out there, a soundtrack for detached discipline.

     Melodic Tedium
     Fritz Lang's Greatest Hits
     The Fax Machine, Live at Budokan.

Instead I bring Bowie, Instead I bring Miles.
Instead I fuel my own looking out the window.
Instead I stoke my own burning down.

Do you dream of being somewhere else, of doing better things, of burning your own lines in the sky?

...Or are you just daydreaming again?

    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you...