Red Numbers Stare

In the darkness, red numbers stare.
In the silence of my side, the count goes on.

The clock is set to deceive. When the alarm goes off, my mind is supposed to freak out over the appearance of sleeping in thirty minutes more than I should have.

Unfortunatley, I know the guy who set the clock, and all I ever do when the klaxon sounds is mutter something to myself about having 30 minutes left before I have to get up.

        No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fool myself.

Curious though - to know that I think of him as being that gullible.

It's here, against this cloth that the time passes so slowly. Here where the possibilities aren't realized, where the energy levels differ so wildly, that I can't help but feel each moment and wonder.

        To be what is needed, to provide what is wanted.
        To appreciate the differences, to realize the details.

I'm starting to understand that it's better for you when I'm here. That the weight on my side makes the hours go by easier, quieter, more peaceful. Something about balance. Something about presence. Something about blankets.

But still...

            Red Numbers Stare.