Paging Doctor Love

I was sitting at a stoplight on the way to work this morning when I caught a glimpse of this incredibly hot blonde in my rear view mirror. Her eyes were hidden behind a pair of rimless sunglasses, and her lipstick sparkled around her mouth in a way that made it hard to think of anything that had to do with traffic laws or right of way.

The moment I laid eyes on this creature I knew I would never see her again. But until the light changed colors and we went our separate ways, she was mine to tame. And so, like my father before me (and probably like every guy in the whole world), I said out loud,

     "Hello."

Except that the word "hello" seemed to stretch out forever as I attempted to inject every ounce of laviciousness I could into it. Somewhere between Barry White and David Lee Roth on his worst day, my libido had taken form and found a voice.

        Say hello to Dr. Love.

She shook her head to one side, sending golden tresses cascading over her shoulder. Then she looked into her own mirror to check her makeup.

Still watching the girl instead of the road, Dr. Love says,

     "Oh yeah baby - you know you look good."

Then she did something I didn't expect. With her hair still lying over her shoulder, she pushed her tongue into the inside of her cheek and began to move it around slowly.

            ...Dr. Love moved forward in his seat a little.

This continued on for a few seconds, followed by a hand rubbing her face softly up and down. I doubt she even knew I was there, but it was mesmerizing all the same. The light could have changed from red to green a dozen times and I wouldn't have known it at all.

Dr. Love says,

     "Yeah baby, work it for the Doctor. You know what I like."

She flipped her hair again, and rolled her neck slowly to the other side. All the time looking at herself in the mirror, all the time locked into the things she was doing to herself. Like she'd gone to a place in her mind where no one else was, a place where she could let her own inhibitions fall away.

Nervously I ran a hand through my hair, wondering what she might do next.

She pursed her lips, and then opened her mouth slowly. But then she reached one of her hands to her face, and began to dig at something in her teeth, or stuck to her gums, or -- I don't know -- wedged into her jaw like a car wreck or something.

Part of me was sorta taken aback as she proceeded to jam most of her hand into her mouth trying to dislodge whatever it was she had stuck to her teeth. I mean, she was really clawing around in there.

But Dr. Love was already committed to the chase, and in a slightly more hesitant voice than the one I had been using, I heard myself say,

     "Oh yeah baby, Pick that tooth!
     Dig that breakfast out of there for the Doctor!
     You know what I ...like?"