It's a Bug Hunt, Man... A Bug Hunt!!!

Late night escapades, myspace convos, and playstation brainfades. Everything and nothing leading to an absolute imperative for orange juice, a popsicle, or both. Bare feet on cold stone tile in the kitchen, flick on the lights

       ...and it's on

Cold weather and thrown away leftovers apparently means everyone is dining in tonight -- so suddenly I'm stomping, spraying, squashing, and cursing at the top of my lungs. I mean, it is Florida, so you've got to expect a little of this, but night after night lately it seems I'm fighting an uphill battle with these little fuckers.

       Joe's 'effin Apartment, you know?

And the thing is, I've never really been the most exacting housekeeper around. I mean, I do my best to keep things livable, but I wouldn't exactly suggest that you eat off my floors anytime soon. But even I have limits. Ever since this wild kingdom crap started, I've really been stepping it up to try to not only get rid of the bugs, but to make sure that the all-night buffet isn't really available anymore. So it's an added slap in the face when I hit the lights and the Swiss Family Roachington is camping out on the wall.

But the part that makes all of this really annoying is that the overall budget has gotten a little healthier lately, meaning the possibility of joining the rest of the world with DSL could actually become a reality. Or at least, it was a possibility until all this started. Now it's coming down to a choice between the Orkin man on the one hand, and faster pr0n on the other.

Which really isn't a choice at all, is it?

              ...Makes me miss the cats.
              Makes me miss 'em a lot.