Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes!!!

I've come to suspect that a part of my hubris lies in my own propesity to believe anything once. Case in point: I continuously find myself drawn in by overly enthusiastic and bright eyed horror movie directors who claim to want nothing more than to pay homage to classic spattergore films of the 70' and 80's, even though all they really want to do is apply gobs of fake blood to half-naked starlets before they "direct" them getting hacked up with machetes so they can get a three-picture deal with Lions Gate.

Part of my deal is that -- here are people who apparently DO what they love, and seemingly don't come into it for money, hipster points, or whatever. The idea of the dude who grew up a high-school fangoria loser becoming a b-list horror movie director gives the appearance of someone who actually went to college to become something, and possibly acheived it.

In other words, I'm sometimes envious of those who find their niche, and seem to have known all along what that niche would be, and how to get there.

By comparison, my own trailblazing towards Elysia feels haphazard and pale, which cheeses me off and inevitably leads me into that sometimes dangerous "I'm an artist too" creative spark (read: "No way I'm letting Joe Trust Fund make me feel bad when I'm slopping over with *TALENT* of my own!!)

...I believe in my own possession of unique talents and drive, but sometimes I'm bothered by how shallow I can be when it comes to comparing them to others.

        Hubris, yo.