Go Ahead, Throw in the Laundry

I spent most of the morning working around the yard. Mowing, trimming, edging -- the whole kittenkaboodle. When I was done I took a shower and then started to check email when I noticed that my arm was trembling a little. The last thing I did in the yard was run the weedeater around the edges of the porch so that I could slice up the milkweed and dandelion stalks before they got too high.

When I put my hand on the mouse to click the links, one of my fingers would shake. It was weird, but I more or less shrugged it off with a snort

      "...Fucking weedeater."

But then like a second later, I caught myself. I started staring at the muscles visibly trembling in my forearm and I started thinking, "No, wait a second. Just because I ran around with a weedwhacker in my hands for half an hour doesn't mean this sort of thing should still be happening 15 minutes later, does it?"

      I mean, really.. what the hell is this?

Where does this sort of thing come from? Are my muscles somehow... retaining the vibrations from the thing? Is it some sort of deal where these shakes have just been kind of pushed in there because of the machinery I was using? Is there anything I can do about it other than just wait around for them to work themselves out?

It doesn't make any sense. It's not like I have to walk around at top speed whenever I get out of a car. It's not like my fingers keep wiggling around after I've been typing for a long time. Why am I getting DT's from yardwork?

To be honest, it kinda scared me. Raked up a bunch of stupid wives' tales and old man fears. Something about cracking your knuckles too much, or swimming less than two hours after you eat. Something about the way my father's hands sometimes shake for no reason.

Maybe it's nothing, but it felt like a glimpse into a future I didn't want to see.

...It's sorta stopped now, but my arm still feels really tense.

I don't know whether I should just shrug this off or be worried about it for real.

       One thing's for sure though --
       From here on out, those
       dandelions can grow
       all they want.