Sometimes I Get Smiles That Even I Can't Explain

Case in point: apparently someone's working on a movie documentary about the life of musical instrument inventor/mad scientist extraordinaire Bob Moog. Considered by many to be the father of the synthesizer, footprints of Moog's creativity can be found in almost all modern electronic music.

But more than just an engineering marvel, Moog the person is sort of this crazy-haired maverick who looks at the world through a very unique set of eyes. From making instruments that you play by waving your hands through the air to challenging the way people think about creativity, this is the kind of guy who leaves a mark on you whenever you read his words or hear him talk.

So when I discovered the site promoting this movie and started watching the trailer, I kinda knew what I was getting into. But what I wasn't really expecting at all was the huge grin that broke out on my face at the sight of this world-reknowned 70-year old laughing like a little kid while he banged away at a Japanese arcade game.

I mean, this is the dude who's basically responsible for almost every thing in this world that goes bleep, bloop, and blip. But for whatever reason, I found it unexpectedly and ultimately cool to see him grinning like a total dolt.

        High score, Bob.
        High score.



[Listening to: Prince