Backs to Each Other, We Click Away

So many things I want to say, so many things I need to learn to hear better. I don't know how we got here, but these sleepless nights where you can feel us both lying there with eyes open are harder than I could have ever imagined them to be.

And yet, it's like I still can't figure out where I stand. I still can't feel secure in the things I should never doubt. All of this makes me question things about myself, things about you, things about us.

what's worse, just having those questions swirling around my mind hurts me deep inside.

       Why can't I just reach out to you?
       Why don't you respond when I do?


...How can we sit this close sometimes and still feel so far away?

         I want this to be a great weekend.
         I need this to be a great weekend.


[Listening to: Andrea Doria, "Bucci Bag"

Comments