Dopplegang

      I hate being so bad at this.
      I hate being so good at this.

These disconnections, these misinterpretations, these fires, floods, and unwanted explosions.

      I understand.
      I wish you understood.

We travel the same miles, but somehow we don't end up in the same place.
And yet, here I am again.

      I hate being here again.
      I hate being here again...

Stir the water, steep the cup. This is what I do, this is where we get lost. It's frustrating, it's confusing. It pushes me over edges that push you over yours. It pulls you into corners you can't be in, but don't want to leave.

         Pay no mind what other voices say
         They don't care about you, like I do, like I do
         Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils,
         See, they don't give a fuck about you, like I do.

         Just stay with me, safe and ignorant,
         Go back to sleep
         ...Go back to sleep


[Listening to: A Perfect Circle, "Pet"

Comments