Novacaine

Good session last night with the Lucy. It's weird, even though in the end the things we ended up talking about were things that I already knew -- having them put on the table in front of me that way by someone I don't really know opened my eyes in a way that I never really expected.

      Things about what the real issues are
      Things about how the real solutions need to be approached.
      Things that reach much farther than just the current situation.
      Things about approaching problems from a different standpoint.


Makes me wonder why I waited so long to get this kind of help, you know?

Up until this point I had been quietly kind of complaining about him, saying that it felt like I was doing all the talking, that he didn't really seem to be offering me all that much, and that I would frequently come out of sessions feeling unsure about where I should go next. But last night seemed to open up a vein. I'm hoping tonight with the other counselor will do more of the same, but the vibe there is so very different that it's hard to tell.

         But then again, maybe it's time I approached
         that process from a different standpoint as well.


[Listening to: Chevelle, "Family System"]

Comments