Everybody Hates a Tourist

The moment in the kitchen, and that moment in the car.

Memories hidden inside rediscoveries; a fire I wondered if I'd ever be able to spark again. It's here and then it's gone -- and the spaces inbetween are making me crazier than you'll ever know.

I have to be careful what I say. I have to be mindful of what I fear.

        The taste of an orange juice drinking straw
        and the smile thats always given you away.


It's like I'm unable to fall asleep in hopes of hearing your footsteps coming up the hall. It's like I'm waking up flushed time and time again at the touch of your skin in my dreams.

             Does the warmth stay with you?

                         ...Because it's staying with me.

[Listening to: William Shatner, "Common People"]

Comments