Super Cyber Clones Don't Care

When republicans gloat, it makes me want Jello. But for whatever reason I've never taken the time or expense needed to adequately update my Dead Kennedy's collection past it's original cassette tape stage.

So I find myself digging in closets, looking through old boxes and car armrests, sifting through faded labels and cracked plastic boxes, trying to remember which mixtape was the one that has "Soup is Good Food" on it. It was the first one you made for me, the one with all the Social Distortion "Mommy's Little Monster" songs on it, I know -- but over the years I'd played it so many times that the sound was starting to fade, and I had to dub it over onto something else.

             But was it the red BaSF
             or the clear Memorex?


My guy lost. I voted with conviction, be we came up short. I always feared it could happen, but it's frustrating all the same. Frustrating in the way that the people who seemed to be the most screwed didn't show up to put a stop to it (or worse, voted to keep bending over and taking it). Frustrating in the way that so many of the voters for the winner seem to treating it like a football score, or some videogame victory.

But it's over, and we move on. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, and tomorrow's another day. You shouldn't stop trying to be a good person just because the white people you work with feel an utter need to remind you on a daily basis just how wrong the rest of the country thinks you are... right?

Besides, what I'm most angry with is the Democratic party itself. It's kinda depressing to know that we can't figure out how to agree on anything. It's a bit of a letdown to know that large groups of intelligent and motivated people can't come to a consensus on how to tie a shoe

                especially when the other guy
                was holding his finger in
                the middle of the knot.



[Listening to: Dead Kennedys, "Kinky Sex Makes the World Go Round"]

Comments