Shaking Boxes

I always wake up early on this day. I've always been the one trying to move around the creaking spots in the floor to see what's there. To check if the cookies had been eaten and to plug in the tree lights; the ones they said they'd "leave on all night" this time.

I'm that kid.

I've always been the one to want it to start as quickly as possible, and last as long as it possibly can.

Somewhere around six this morning I found myself looking out the window, inexplicably checking to see if there was snow on the Florida ground. There wasn't, but it didn't hurt the feeling any.

I like this holiday. I've always liked this holiday.

Anyways, they'll be up in a few hours. I should go.

Merry Christmas, Everyone.


[Listening to: Raymond Scott, "The Girl at the Typewriter"

Comments