Um... Skynet Much?

Maybe B's right. Maybe I do need to reajust how I look at things.

Take for example that Humanoid Robot project that engineers in Japan have been working on for a few years, that Asimo thing?

This morning I was reading a little bit about how they've been teaching it to run, and the ways that they've overcome all the unexpected obstacles that came along with reaching that goal. I mean, when you take a second to think about it, it's an incredible technical acheivement.

And yet here I am sitting with my coffee cup and my music and all I can picture in my head is some overbearing project leader in a thin black necktie and shortsleeved shirt looking at the thing tromping back and forth and then yelling,

"You call that running?
There's no way this thing is
ready to take on Will Smith yet"

              "Get back to work!"

[Listening to: Bad Brains, "Sheba"

Comments