Ho

Every now and then I'll start thinking to myself,

You know, I really do seem to know a lot of obscure facts about the film industry. And not just regular movies, but Japanese Monster Movies, Hillbilly Splatter Films, and Australian Dramas about War. In a lot of cases, I know the reasons these films were made, the books they were based off, and the names of other movies created by the same directors.

But that's not all -- I can name every drummer Frank Zappa ever recorded with in chronological order, and name the bands those drummers played with after they stopped working with him. I've argued with strangers and friends about the underlying motivations of various Star Wars characters. I've participated in online fantasy sports leagues. I've saved guitar picks and setlists from concerts I've been to. I'm white. I've entered and won local radio station contests.I know the exact day, month, and year Metallica sold out and I am ready and willing to share that information with any teenager who I deem to be even slightly unaware of what "real music" is.


     Jesus Lizard, I'm nothing but a complete and utter geek!
Thankfully though, whenever I experience these moments of worry and self-doubt there always seems to be something out there to help me come to my senses.

And that's why I want to thank you, Liono
      Thank you for helping me to
      feel good about myself again.
[Listening to: Milla Jovovich, "Beat on Ice"

Comments