Hoisin

The thing about spices is that they sometimes hide. They get in your teeth, get down in your gums. They find ways to almost disappear, to avoid the touches of the ridges of your taste. Sometimes this happens without you knowing at all, but most of the time there's a sense that comes along with it. Like you know the habanero's there, and you know just how close to the heat you could be with just a flicker.

There's nothing wrong with wanting fire.
...maybe that's a lesson I've needed to learn for a long time now.

I feel like there's a new wind on the horizon. One filled with motion, kinetics, and spark. One that's traveled back and forth between two seemingly separate poles, felt the cold in the air, and now has come back to perhaps rediscover and keep the heat from the tropics below.

My job now is to tack these sails.
My test now is to stop worrying
about where this came from, or
where it's been.

       My goal now is to see where it can take me.
[Listening to: Stevie Wonder, "I Wish"

Comments