Phoenix ∙ Eighty ∙ Nine

"I dreamt last night. I dreamt of a field of purple lotus flowers somewhere far away, beside a stream of water that came straight from the heart of the earth. It made a perfect pool at my feet, and I looked down into it, and your face looked back at me from the depths of the water..."
Everywhere you appear your shirt illuminates with a yellow and orange aura. Like a little glowing sunshine amongst a faded black and white universe – which you always were.

Am I so different now?
or worse.. have I not changed at all?
Even now, even as I can’t imagine myself in the face that my name appears next to, every moment remains real. Every memory idolized in gold, like David found under rock only after careful chiseling and care.

What has happened to me?
Crazy some will say,
Where is my friend when I need you most?
           ...gone away
[Listening to: Duran Duran, "Ordinary World"]

Comments