Basically Avoiding the Dishes

It's just one of those lazy, lonely mornings; shaking off the headache from a night of prowling and trying half-heartedly to get my day off the snooze bar and out of the bed. I was supposed to help a buddy pressurewash his house, but he woke up sick and bailed. It's probably a good thing considering that manual labor and jager breath are rarely an effective combination -- but it leaves me sort of up too early for my own good, looking for direction or distraction, whichever comes first.

There's a pile of dishes I really need to get to, but it's been suprisingly easy all morning to pretend that they're not there. I'll get to them soon enough, but right now it just seems like the last thing worth doing.

The problem is that this sense of malaise is getting all over the place, like dust frosting the tops of a bookshelf. I mean, Godzilla vs. Megalon is on the tube just begging me to sit down and watch it for the billionth time. It's just that as much as I love that flick with all of it's Jet Jaguar silliness, it's one of those things that doesn't quite seem the same anymore...

What I should really do is just get out of this place, maybe even run or something. The only thing is that I got in 6 miles yesterday, and I don't usually like to do back to back days. Still, the sun is out and it's shaping up to be a goregeous day. I'd go surfing (are there waves? - I have no idea), but I had to sell my board for extra cash when I moved out which kinda kills that plan, ya know?

Jeez, listen to me bitch.
The good news is that my tax return came in (such as it is) which might allow me a chance to pick up this drum machine that I've been eyeing, and now that I've got all the guitars and stuff set up and working, I might be able to get some music made in here pretty soon.

..Bah, enough of this.
Time to scrape some plates.
[Listening to: Deep Inner Voices, "FU, MF!"]

Comments