Scylla Charybdis

It's been raining here a lot lately. Sheets of wind you can see coming towards the glass; puddles on the side of the road all too tempting not to want to drive through. It seeps through the seals of the old pickup I drive and drips onto my face -- and when the water gets to be too much I have pull over and stop for a while.

After all this time, you'd think I'd be used to it.
But I'm not.
So I spent a shadowed couple of days customarily overthinking, wondering about the costs of caution despite inhibitions weakened (weekend?), and the animal inside that seems to only howl at pictures of the moon.

All these questions about Ori no aiteiru Tora and the Odysseus line.
The messages unanswered, the ttyl moments,
the calls that appear every 300 miles or so..
It shouldn't be so confusing,
But it is.
Because I'm not average Joe. I'm not Prince Hamlet, nor was I meant to be..

But all these messages I'm getting seem to be saying the exact same thing -- that there's enough of a difference to decide and declare, but still too much distinction to completley let go.

And whether anyone means for it to or not -- it leaves me hanging. Catches me between extremes and puts me right at the heart of the question. It's where I probably need to be, but it doesn't make the answers any easier to find.

I spent two days looking out a window at sheets full of wind.
And I don't want to do that any more.
[Listening to: Miles Davis, "Blue in Green"]

Comments