Smoov

The path looks the same in the dark no matter which way you go. It's scattered with canopy trees and Christmas light condominiums that snake around corners and wash out the stars. The restaraunts that race by all have names that sound like Conquistadors or Pirates, and there's hardly a streetlight to be seen anywhere. There's a certain mood to A1A; a relaxed kind of energy that seems to sweep you up into it's arms as you ride ahead under the light of the cloud-shadowed moon.

So I trusted my instincts, and I went with the feeling of your head on my shoulder and the smile that rested on your lips as you slept. And even if it was just for a little while, it was nice to not have to think about shadowed roads that surely lay ahead of me.

Or at least it was -- until the treeline broke and the Atlantic Ocean inexplicably appeared on the opposite side of the road, telling me in a sinking flash that
I was going the wrong way.
[Listening to: Floetry, "Say Yes"]

Comments