Crystal Vision

Middle of the night, darker than space. Eyes open, not sleeping, watching the illuminated shadows of passing car lights running across my ceiling. People rushing by. People speeding home.
People drifting away..
A thought, turning slowly like a diamond shimmering in a window.

I see too far. I think too much. I dream movies that I don't really want to see. But I do see them, again and again. This isn't the first time I've been too far away to catch eyes under a veil. This isn't the first time I've seen these lights rolling over.

The image burned, I can't help but see it again. I can't help but imagine the words, the look, and the answer. I don't even know if it's real, but there's a point in this darkness where it doesn't really matter. Because it's real enough. It makes sense enough. I can see it happening, because it's exactly what I would do.

Of course, he isn't me.
But then again, maybe that's the point.
[Listening to: Nothingface, "Blue Skin"]

Comments