Saint Paul

It took a lot longer than it probably should have -- but it's finally happened
I'm done.
The day has come to an end; the sun is over my head -- my polyamorous friend got me in a mess of trouble again. But no more. No more empty smiles. No more time wasted wondering. No more second job-based rescue plans. No more backrubs.
Just when you think that you're alright
I'm calling out from the inside
I never heard anyone
I never listen at all..
It's not that I don't think you're beautiful anymore, because we both know that I do. Your eyes are captivating, your smile magnetic. But you don't see me the way that I wish you would, and it's finally dawning on me that you never really will.

I believe that you are honestly glad to see me when I show up time and time again. But more and more I think it's because of our relative places in this snapshot food chain instead of any sort of interest in who I am as an individual. Not that you aren't capable of it, not that there weren't things we could have shared -- but that more and more the obvious has become clear, and there's just no room for anything else.

It's a strange thing to say and I wish it weren't the case -- but this is where you belong. Almost as if for some reason that I'll never understand this is where you want to be. This is where you want to stay.

Not that it would have mattered anyway -- despite the fact that I know I'm a better musician than he is, I'm pretty sure I don't have what it takes to be Evan Seinfeld. There is something about the personality involved that I just don't bring, and frankly never want to learn.
Just stay away from the white light
I'll tell ya what side's your best side
You can't save someone who doesn't want to be rescued any more than you can open a cage door and expect the tiger to just come walking out.
I never heard anyone
I never listen at all.
You can only be grateful for the time you spent in the cage together.
Goodbye Bianca.
[Listening to: Prince, "Money Don't Matter 2 Night"]

Comments

Christina said…
I think I have something in my eye.