The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner

Talk about a challenge for a Pudgy Titan -- Today while refilling my water bottle in the cafe at the office I caught sight of a stack of coupons offering Buy One Get One Free Hardee's Thickburgers for a limited time.

And despite the fact that I've been going to the gym for over a month and doing my very best to watch what I eat -- the absolute first words out of my mouth were
Score!!
Followed seconds later by the sobering realization of truth, the acceptance of the consequences that come from making the hard choices that come along with this sort of lifestyle change (especially when you consider some of my past history with this particular restaurant), and the only words someone like me could utter in a situation like that..
Dammit!
[Listening to: Lostprophets, "Rooftops"]

Comments