Just Like LeBron

I got nothing.
The nothing I got doesn't even have anything. Nothing went to the store to get some more, and they were out.
Of course anyone who knows me realizes that when I got nothing, it's usually because of something.
But the something that's left me with nothing hasn't found it's way into words yet. It's more like the shadows of something I can't put my finger on yet. Pockets of water, pulled by tides into waves that crash on beaches, stir up the sand, run back into the water, only to get thrown forward again. The first water's impact draws lines on the beach, as some things erode and pull away, while others fall together and form up against the gravity of the tide.
Only to be washed clean sometime later when the next one comes along.
I've stared at too many pictures this week. I've partied too hard. I've stayed in when I should have gone out. I let the dirty dishes stack up, only to spend time washing them that I probably should have spent writing. Or balancing my checkbook. Or trying to find that one netflix movie I've had for like a month and a half that I have no interest in watching but have thus far been too lazy to mail back. Or playing my guitar. Or learning to dance. Or moving out of this town.
I hate when I get like this.
I had such a good time last weekend. The kind of good time you want to spill over into everything else. I was even out a couple of nights this week. Saw some friends, watched a little basketball, ..complained about it, found out that Bartender Jodi's boyfriend also misses the glory days of Bobby Sura and Doug Edwards (yet another thing we agree on). Had another drink, took my broke ass home, woke up hard, came to work, did a little of this and that. Ran out of gas on it, set myself up to do a bunch of stuff on Monday -- only to realize that I've still got to kill a few more hours before I can leave.
Needless to say, this has let to a lot of random web-surfing.
Needless to say, this has led to some really obscure   last.fm radio choices.
Needless to say, that led to an extended lunchbreak.
Which led to cheeseburgers, fries, and a chocolate ice-cream rootbeer float.
Which has left me doing whatever I can to fight off this tremendous urge to just tilt back this chair and take a nap.

Like overthinking -- which always leads to something.
So, yeah.
..I got nothing.
[Listening to:    New Order"True Faith" ]

Comments