Take Your Macaroni Art and Go Home

Ok, I'll admit it -- I'm still a total honk for Project Runway. I think like a lot of people I was sort of thinking that I was over it, especially after the show caught fire last year and changed from something I felt like only a few people knew about into something that everybody and their mothers wanted to talk about at the drop of a hat. I even considered not watching it at all this season -- thinking that perhaps the premise had jumped the shark or that maybe I'd just grown out of it.
Only to be hooked all over again during this season's premiere.
I could probably go on for ages about all the things that make the show appealing to me, but I think a big part of the reason I was able to fall back into it so easily this year comes from my continual allegiance to the glorious train wreck that is A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila. It's almost as if after spending the past few weeks enduring the fake (albeit hilarious) lesbian antics on that show I had forgotten just how much entertainment value can be found when you lock 15 queens in a room and give them a time-sensitive task.
Honestly, within 10 minutes of the first episode I found myself saying
out loud (to no one in particular)
"Thank God -- REAL homosexuals!"
So I'm back, ready to dedicate an hour every Wednesday night to crazy sewing challenges, Tim Gunn's charmingly diplomatic reactions to creations that are clearly horrible, and the eventual kvetching by host Heidi Klum with the panel of esteemed judges (and their grandmother, Michael Kors) about how bad the clothes look.

All because I love high fashion. Oh yeah. Dresses and shit. Yup, that's what it's all about. That's totally why I watch the show..

Heidi Klum's Knockers - Funny bloopers are a click away
Just for the record -- Seal is the new Billy Joel, and I hate him even more now.
[Listening to:    P.O.D."Sounds Like War" ]

Comments