Lady in Red

About a week or so ago while driving home from work I was sitting at a red light when some dude in a dodge spaced out or whatever, didn't hit his brakes and rear-ended my cherry-red Mustang. Scratched up the back pretty bad, pushed me into the car in front of me, which broke up a bunch of things on the front of the car, and bent my frame up a little bit (to the point where my passenger door wouldn't open).

I was seriously pissed off at the time -- but it was clearly his fault, and by the middle of the next day his insurance company was on the phone promising that they would take care of everything, provide me with a rental, yada yada yada.

So I drop off the car at the shop this morning, drive the rental back to work -- and try to get on with my day, only to get a call back from the bodyshop asking me if my car had ever been in an accident before? I had no definitive proof, but there were a couple of things that I had noticed that seemed to be more reworked than refurbished -- but the car worked fine (prior to the accident), so I didn't make a big deal out of it.

It was at this point that she told me upon deeper inspection, the techs had discovered that the passenger side frame rail had previously been broken in half (probably from a prior accident) -- and that whoever had the car before me had duct taped it back together and then painted over it with undercoating. She then went on to say that there were several other places that showed similar types of spot fixes -- and that if the person who hit me had been driving any faster there was a chance that my car could have folded up like a beer can.

As soon as I get the photographs from the bodyshop of all this I'm going back to the dealership to see who's head gets cracked first over this, but as angry as I am at them -- I think more than anything what bothers me is that when I first met this car she told me she was in great shape. She said everything was natural.
Now I find out all that soft, sexy hair is just a weave!?
..So, is there anything else you wanna tell me -- Now that we're being honest?

[Listening to:    Skindred"Babylon" ]

Comments