Go Screw

Here's how my work day basically ended last Friday afternoon:
I'm in my boss' boss office, explaining to my boss' boss' boss the importance and impact of a set of engineering document changes that were given to me three days ago by my boss (who is conveniently absent today), who told me in no uncertain terms that that they have to be updated, trained on, and fully released by close of business today.

This is maybe even the second time I've even been in the same room with any of these executives, all of whom make about 10 times what I do and are more or less unaffected in any direct way by any of the changes I'm trying to get approved, yet are somehow still key signatures in the process.

Anyways, I finish my little spiel explaining to everyone in the room how despite the 11th hour nature of this approval process and some of the unexpected problems we've encountered along the way that these are still very important changes and unless we find a way to get the signature of one of their co-executives (who has been unavailable all day for unlisted reasons) this project will not go through.
Only to have the other person in the room -- my boss' boss' boss' boss' boss turn to me and say:
"Well, what do you think we should do?"

[Listening to:  Sevendust"Waffle" ]

Comments