Snipe Hunt

Understand something. This entire movie -- The balloons. The fat kid. The talking dogs. The 3-D glasses. Edward friggin' Asner. The underscores about the changing world around us, or the importance of father figures. The myna bird. The plot, the visuals, the soundtrack. All of it.
..Was based on how much she could get it.
Something like that doesn't come along very often. Someone worth everything inside of you. Someone you can't even fully find the words to explain why. The one who confounds you. The one that burns like whiskey in your belly. The one that you could just stare at in silence without saying anything, even when they catch you looking. The ones that appear in your mind within the first three notes of a song.

The moments we get all too fleeting. The memories all too real, especially when it feels like sometimes that's all you have.
We all have a sickness
That cleverly attaches and multiplies
No matter how we try

We all have someone that digs at us
At least we dig each other..
I want this. I long for that kind of closeness. For stupid stories and embarrassed laughter. For phone calls that can't wait and text messages that say you need to tell your bosses that you have to leave work right now, come home, and make love to me.
But more than anything, I just want to feel bulletproof again.
Nothings perfect. And nothing can ..truly last forever.

Which is why this time. This moment. This part of the film where the lines aren't as important as the transitions between the scenes in the script, the way that it makes you feel, and the way that feeling flows between us is so very, very necessary.
So when weakness turns my ego up
I know you'll count on the me from yesterday

If I turn into another
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me

Sing this song
Remind me that we'll always have each other
..When everything else is gone.
..And yes, I cried in the theater when the movie was playing. What of it?

[Listening to:  Bjork - "I Miss You (Dobie's Rub Part I - Sunshine Mix)" ]

Comments

The Kaiser said…
If you said you hadn't cried, I would say you were a liar or a robot.
Frank said…
Bulletproof.

That's a word I've never used to describe myself, although now in retrospect there were certainly times when I felt that way...
Monster said…
Whoa. Fully heard, brother.

When do we get to be Clark Kent beating up the hillbilly trucker, instead of getting beat up by him?

Let's just fast forward to that part.
Anitra said…
This is lovely. Was sobbing during first 20 minutes... xoxo
Dorian said…
ahhh bulletproof...

that word brought a smile to my face :)
Chumpy D said…
Damn Hex
I love this movie. And this post.