Two Turntables and a Microphone

Say goodbye to the rest of your workday, because this thing is seriously addictive.
The instructions are simple:
  1. Click on a square.
  2. Click on some more.
  3. Now take it to the next level and build chords by creating vertical stacks of squares.
  4. If you want to really get your Eminence Front on, hold your mouse button down and make like you're a dot matrix printer.
Sure your coworkers won't like you after a couple of minutes of this (unless you forward the link to them and try to create orchestral compositions featuring everybody sitting in your area) -- but I say let 'em bitch. This thing is seriously fun and kinda gets your mind running as you start to get the hang of it and begin to come up with actual melodies to work with.

But you know what's really cool about this? Despite it's shiny flash-animated heart -- all this doodad really is (when you get right down to it) is a souped-up piano roll -- one of the oldest ideas in electronic music, dating back to the 1890's.
Not really sure I'd call this sort of thing Steampunk -- but whatever it is, it's a hell of a lot of fun to mess around with.
Enjoy!

[Listening to:  Karnivool - "Roquefort" ]

Comments

Narm said…
AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my whole day is ruined. Thanks for that. Now how am I going to finish this game of minesweeper? I mean work. Work is what I do during the day.
Narm said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Damn you for this.
Anonymous said…
I'm glad my work PC has no sound. But I'm not going to sleep tonight thanks to you.
Anonymous said…
This is why I don't like techno. Too fucking easy!
I'm here from WIGSF's blog. I love this except it didn't work well on the MAC for the little added features. Im go going to work tomorrow with the intent of pissing people off :o)
Thanks
JerseySjov said…
so fun! my roommate should thank her lucky stars that i just moved out
JerseySjov said…
ps i've had this post up in a window for almost a week because i've been playing with it so much