Why Must I Be Like That?

It's sort of turned into one of those weeks. Like some bad Tobe Hooper film, suddenly it's a billion degrees outside and all I can hear is country music. If that's not fun enough, somehow my workload has like doubled lately at the office. Not that it's a bad thing to be doing more work and maybe getting a step up on the ladder -- but more like the overall timing of the ramp-up (and the utter change in the casual vibe my old manager specialized in) was largely unexpected and sorta threw my rhythm off.

If only there were some way to feel like the hours I'm pouring down this well weren't ones that I could be spending doing things I actually want to do.
I mean it's not like I'm gonna live forever, you know?

[Listening to:  Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "The Rascal King" ]

Comments