I Ain't No Glamour Boy

A couple of weeks back the club I had kinda been making a home out of on Friday nights more or less imploded under the tides of managerial idiocy and coworker politics. One minute I was there chatting up Bartender Christina and the next everybody working there had either walked out, been fired, or was asked to leave before they uncerimoniously shut the place down.

The bad part about it for me was that after so many weeks of enjoying my status as a regular, I was suddenly left without a place to go. This lead to me boucing around aimlessly last week searching for a suitable replacement, with inevitably dissapointing results.

So as this Friday night drew near I decided that I would employ a different approach. Mainly because I realized that it wasn't so much the place that I was drawn to, but rather the people I had met along the way. Plus -- I've started to realize lately that I do a lot of complaining about how lonely I am, but I don't ever really seem to do much to change that fact. So instead of just driving around and throwing dollars out the window, I decided to hang out at home, do what I could to maybe network myself a little, and not really go anywhere until I actually had somewhere worth going.

Oddly enough, this led to a friendly invitation to a club I'd never been to before from a MySpacer I'd only met the day before. You never really know how things like that are gonna turn out, but the vibe seemed casual enough and the night was young, so why the heck not?

The problem is, apparently you can take Dan out of his regular Friday night spot, but you can't take the Dan out of me -- because while I was sitting at the bar waiting for her to show up,
I met another cute bartender.
[Listening to: Living Colour, "Glamour Boys"]

Comments