Laugh It Up Fuzzball

If you're new to the site, then you're probably not aware the history I have with those Elf yourself/jibjab "put yourself in the picture" doohickeys.

Unfortunately, the folks who run those sites rarely give you the option to download or archive the footage you make, so most of it is gone now -- but all the way back to the days of having a bunch of barbie dolls in a stop-motion animation fight over the Cliche Monster, to the day I discovered (much to my surprise) that I was a downhill skier -- it's not all that rare for people in my circle of friends to find themselves Elfed, Scrooged, or whatever.
Which is why when I saw this thing I just had to jump at the chance.

It only takes a few minutes to put up one of your own if you're interested. It's kinda cool they way they've set it up, because you can literally put anyone's faces in there you'd like -- which makes it perfect for making fun of family and friends, but leaves lots of room for unintended hilarity if you're willing to put in the time. It's a good thing, too because to be honest -- for my tastes the jokes in this thing are sorta lame,
But if you could have heard the endless giggles my son busted out with the
first time I played this for him you'd understand why it was totally worth it.
Oh, and I know you guys all think I haven't got a shot in hell with Zoƫ Saldana, but you didn't see us alone in the south passage --
She expressed her true feelings for me.

[Listening to:  Betty Davis - "You Won't See Me in the Morning" ]

Comments

Beth said…
you are so special
Anonymous said…
I watched one that had me in it... and didn't even recognize myself. I'm not much of a JibJab fan either, but the photo choices I've seem amuse the heck out of me. For example, I love your Lando!
Hex said…
Bef -- I'm the ghost with the most, baby.

Dorian -- Back when these things first started to hit they were a lot more fun because people never saw then coming. But now, especially JibJab's versions have sanitized (and monetized, btw) the whole thing so much that it's really not half the kick the pants you ever want it to be anymore.

That being said, I made this for Curren -- and he went bonkers when he realized he was Luke Skywalker. So you know, at least on that front -- mission accomplished :)